Ambulance response services
- Emergency response to patients with sudden illness and injury
- pre-hospital patient care
- specialised transport services
- stand-by at special events
- coordination of aero-medical services
- inter-hospital transfers
- planning for and coordination of multi-casualty events and disasters.
Community and business services
- Community education including first aid training and injury prevention
- commercial activities, such as industry contracts
- training and education of ambulance professionals
- pre-hospital care research
- provision of a baby capsule hire service
Customer service standards
Queensland Ambulance Service has identified the needs of its customers through community consultation and research. Customer service standards are designed to meet those needs in line with national and professional standards.
Queensland Ambulance Service is committed to:
- Providing the highest possible quality care and service to the community
- providing patient care in accordance with accepted clinical standards and the needs of the patient
- ensuring that all services are delivered in a professional and courteous manner
- ensuring response times for emergency transport are within national standards
- ensuring that patient’s and customer’s rights to privacy are respected
- honest and effective communication with patients and customers.
As an organisation committed to the provision of high-quality services, we recognise the importance of customer feedback as a valuable source of information; essential for continuous improvement in service delivery. Queensland Ambulance Service has developed a customer feedback mechanism (online version coming soon) based on the following principles:
- Use complaints as an opportunity to learn from our customers
- make it easy for people to contact us with their concerns
- address complaints promptly, courteously and confidentially
- monitor and analyse customer feedback and address issues through training or a change in procedures
- provide a full explanation of any adverse event in a timely manner
- provide positive feedback to staff delivering exceptional service.